Sunday, January 4, 2009

Quick Update

So, my mom and I are at Amritpuri. It's the home of Ama's (the mother's) ashram. It's a huge place and very, very busy. We are helping out by cutting vegetables and sweeping. We also have a lot of down time. It's right on the ocean, however, we can't swim because it's dangerous.

I'm very dissapointed. Right now it's 84 degree F (29 C) but it feels hotter because it's very muggy. Anyways, I'm at this little internet cafe with very nice and very fast computers. However, our flash drive isn't working. So... no photos. Which is a shame because we had some great ones. As soon as we can we will put up some photos (and hopefully a video or two or three!). Anyways untill then all you get is my writing.

The ashram is very, very big. There are many hundreds of people there (especially since Ama is there right now). There are four very tall (15 stories) apartment buildings. This is very weird because everything around the ashram is jungle village type land. So basically you are riding along through these jungle roads and boom out of no where there is minature city. It's a pretty specacular sight. I really wish we could put photos up because there is no good way to convey the amazingness of it all.

I'll write more but right now I'm sitting in a cramped interenet cafe. So more later.

1 comment:

Terri said...

You know, I like your writing even without the pictures, and I keep thinking what an amazing miracle it is that technology has made it possible for me to somehow go along to India with you and your mother every morning with my cup of coffee here in my own home. And in case you wanted to know what I see out my window here in Coeur d'Alene....well it's guess what? More freakin snow!

Looking forward to my next cup of coffee in India with you Eli!