Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another trip

Well, it's been a busy week, and it's just continuing to get busy. Tomorrow morning at 6:30 am I'm flying to Indianapolis, Indiana for a Journalism workshop. I'm going with my journalism adviser Nils Rosedahl and the old managing editor of The Sentinel, Jake Donahue.

Under Jake's watch The Sentinel won quite a few prestigious awards. Among them was a second place trophy. Second place in the nation that is. So, we are going to Indianapolis in order to accept this award and attend the convention at which there will be multiple talks on various journalism related topics.

Although I wasn't actually on the paper staff when we won the second award, I'm able to tag along so as to soak up the whole environment of the place, while also learning things at the various talks.

However, it's not just a business trip. We will spend two days in Indianapolis and then drive to Chicago. There we will spend another two days. While in Chicago we will attend a Cubs game and just hang out in the city.

And the kicker? It's all paid for. NIC is going to pay for our flight, our lodging and give us spending money. All to attend a journalism conference. Yeah, journalism is the way to go (well, except for the recession and all).

Anyways, I will be posting regularly from Indiana (I hope). Also, I will be taking my camera this time, so keep an eye out for some photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH, you have no idea how jealous I am! Like, almost ready to transfer to NIC to take advantage of this. PLEASE continue to blog about it, please please please!