Monday, August 24, 2009

The future (is a bike trip)

Well hey, first blog in a while. I've been working all summer at a summer camp called Camp Reed (click here). It's a YMCA camp and is an awesome place... but the internet connection is limited and I've been fairly busy... so between the two no blogs.

Anyways as you can see I'm changing the focus of the blog a bit. Basically it has no specific focus, however, common themes will no doubt be journalism, biking and traveling. So keep and eye out for those. Today the NIC Sentinel started (click here). It's a student run newspaper and I'm the managing editor for the year. It's a big job, but I'm excited. So, I'm sure that will be something I will blog about on occasion.

But, for my first substantial blog in a while I'm choosing to write about something near and dear to my heart: biking. Me and some friends from camp are going to bike from Plummer, Idaho to Harrison, Idaho. I'm not quite sure about the route we are going to take, however, I'm sure that it is going to be a great time.

We will camp out near Harrison and then bike back in the morning (I have a noon class I have to be at... hmm). Anyways, I'm really excited for the trip. We leave tomorrow morning at 10 am. So, I should be in bed, but instead I'm blogging about how excited I am. Smart.

So, I will take pictures and throw them onto the blogosphere as soon as possible. I will also show you the route that we end up taking using MapMyRide, a very, very cool website (click here).

So, that is all. I will start to blog more consistently once again.

No comments: