Thursday, May 28, 2009

What is next?

What is next? I'm done traveling (well at least for a while) so what will happen to this blog?

Well I plan to continue posting. I've really learned to enjoy blogging and I seem to have a pretty steady base of readers.

I think I will shift the focus away from traveling (I guess I have to rename it then). Instead I will write about a few different things. I imagine that some of you know that next year I will be the managing editor of the North Idaho College student newspaper, The Sentinel (click here). It's a big job and basically my sole focus for the next 10 months. I'm sure it will provide me with plenty of blogging opportunities.

But that won't be all. I also imagine that some of you know that I love to bike. I've been continually inspired by my Uncle Pat's blog (click here, it's worth it). So, I think I will start blogging about bikes as well.

Personally, I think it's the best combination in world, bikes and journalism.

So bear with me. The next few months the posting might be a bit irregular (I will be working at a summer camp and will only have access to computers once a week). But I will post whenever I have the chance.

Thank you all so much for your support. This blog about traveling was incredibly successful. I never would have thought that I would have so many readers. Knowing that people are reading what I'm writing is very satisfying and keeps me motivated.

Again, thank you all.

Eli Francovich

1 comment:

Terri said...

you know, the way you write, it still could be a blog about traveling. Traveling through life. If we paid attention to everyday life as if we were traveling, how much fun would that be? Like you noticed right away the obesity problem in the USA right when you got to the airport. Or the portions of food. Maybe your blog could be of your "travels" here in the USA, I mean isn't that what good journalists do? Make boring ol USA sound like even little details are amazing? And you could be a journalist that doesn't try to scare us with swine flu!! heehee. When a journalist focuses on what really matters rather than on instilling fear, I think it's a gift to the world. I've really directed my attention in life as if I'm a traveler, mostly because I don't travel a lot. So I travel here in Coeur d'Alene. I cannot tell you how many times I've hiked Tubbs Hill like I'm a tourist, heehee. I love where I live, and instead of tunneling in on fear based people, I really gravitate towards the amazing bright lighted people that live here and listen in on their conversations and experiences, and it has really helped my attitude of the world. You are one of those people Mr. Eli Francovich. So blog away life traveler!!!