Sunday, December 28, 2008

Packing

The day has finally come. I'm packing for my trip to India. I'll be gone for five months. What do you pack for a trip of that length? How do you manage to pack enough, but not pack too much? Luckilly that wasn't left up to me. http://www.onebag.com/ tells you what you should, and what you shouldn't, pack. It's a great resource. Anyways here is what I ended up packing:

underwear (2)
journal(2)
pencil case
ties
reporters notebook
extra passport photos
garbage bag for shoes
USB cord/headphones/Ipod
splitter
watch (except I forgot it)
pillow case
shorts (tech)
board shorts
socks (four pair)
shirts (3)
button shirt
pants (2) yoga mat
viscose towel
sun glasses
bandanas (2)
shoes (3)
travel wallet
belt
MEI Voyaguer bag

sinus rinse
sinus rinse packets
water purifer
duffel
floss
soap
toothbrush
cable locks
bungies
mosquito net

Altogether it weighed about 20 lbs. I also took some books and other miscellanious stuff in a messenger bag. Hopefully it will all prove to be usefull. However, I bet there is much room for improvement. We will see.

No comments: